The Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (IBVM) is a worldwide religious community of vowed Catholic women dedicated to serving God by responding to the needs of God’s people. In the United States, the Institute is present in Arizona, Illinois and Wisconsin. Although education was its primary work, Sisters now serve in a wide variety of educational, pastoral, and social ministries. Visit the Vocation pages to learn more about becoming an IBVM Sister.
We Commit Our Energies and Resources To:
- Promoting the dignity and liberation of all, particularly of women and children
- Challenging unjust systems and structures
- Standing with those on the edges of society
- Showing reverent care for the earth and all creation
- Living as a multi-cultural, international Institute, and to act as one body, with one Mission